Saturday, November 17, 2012

Duff Park and Dick's Diner



BURN:  This week we traveled out RT 22 and explored Duff Park in Murrysville.  I really liked this park for many reasons.  First, there are a lot of trails to choose from depending on your workout and skill level.  Secondly, everyone was so friendly!!! Lindsay and I passed about 10-15 people on the trail and there wasn't one person who didn't say hi.  For our run, we ran an out and back on the Funk Bike trail for about a mile and then went onto the Fernwood trail for a half mile before turning around.  There were some hills, but nothing crazy.  Here is a link to the park.  I highly recommend making the trek out.  It was a great run.
DUFF PARK TRAIL MAP




BRUNCH:  Nothing too special this week.  It's just a good ol' diner food.  Dick's Diner has been around for quite sometime.  The sign says 1946.  I don't think you can order a bad item on this menu.  This week it was chocolate chip pancakes and french toast.  The positives: they ask you how many slices/cakes you want.  Why get a stack of three if I can barely eat two?  They also make italian bread french toast.  YUM!  Personally, I think it's the best kind.  Finally, you can't go to Dick's Diner and not take a piece of pie home.  My fav is the coconut creme pie, but the list is long and extensive.  I would actually suggest having pie for breakfast.  Why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment